Students will use critical analysis to dissect podcast examples and collect ideas, structures, and layouts for their own project. They will develop a project plan, gathering recordings and sourcing sounds. After compiling and editing this work, they will create their very own podcast to share with the world!
Learning Objectives: in this class, students will learn about
- Explore the power of creativity and self expression;
- Learn to record, edit, and mix audio using professional recording equipment and audio production software;
- Practice wrangling ideas into workable topics, facilitating interesting interviews, and building stories from the ground up;
- Learn how to create and work within a project plan, compiling interviews, recording self dialogue, and gathering sounds and music to add to their podcast; and
- Collaboratively (or individually) produce their own podcast to share!
- Recording Equipment
- External microphone for tablets and/or smartphone
- Voice Memo
Deliverables: Students and Class Projects
- 2 group-produced podcast-style recordings, totaling 2-3 minutes