Podcasts come in all different lengths, subjects, and formats. They may run for 10 minutes or an hour. They might be entertaining, informative, or educational. This class teaches how to plan for, record, edit, promote, and post podcasts to multiple platforms. Students will individually and collaboratively produce podcasts for a variety of subjects.
Learning Objectives: in this class, students will learn about…
- Working together as a team to produce audio
- Making a cohesive project in many parts that line up with other people’s projects
- The art of the peer critique and give peer critiques on the progress of student work;
- Opportunities and potential resources on career pathways;
- How to distribute, exhibit, and promote artwork for a variety of audiences.
- Macintosh computers
- Condenser mics in podcaster kit
Deliverables: Students’ and Class Projects
- Each student will produce an episode that’s been green lit by their team
- Each episode produced will combine to create a show that fits together each students episode