Are you a MAPSter who wants more time to work on your projects outside of class? Every Friday, MAPS studios are open for you! While instructors are not available to answer specific questions related to your class or project, MAPS staff are here to answer general questions and make sure you have the tools you need. The format of Open Studio allows students time and space to pursue topics of individual interest and passion.
Session Learning Objectives
- Students in the Open Studio MAPS class will design their own course of study on a topic of creative interest.
- With guidance, each student will pursue and complete a self-designed project in their personal passion area.
- Students will be generating ideas and progressing as individual artists within this experiential learning setting.
- Students will develop the skills of goal setting, self-monitoring for time management, self-reflection and purposeful critique.
- Students will select an authentic audience to showcase their completed project with.
- Specialized equipment students are trained to use
- Available software:
- Adobe Suite
- Week 1: Intro to MAPS/Open Studio
- Week 2: Project Possibilities and Proposals
- Week 3: Project Proposals
- Week 4: Project Progress
- Week 5: Future Readiness/Traditional and Non-traditional Career Paths in Media Arts
- Week 6: Project Progress
- Week 7: Project Progress
- Week 8: Project Progress
- Week 9: Project Review (with MAPS staff)
- Week 10: Project Progress Showcase (Authentic Audience)
- Week 11: Self-Reflection and Evaluation