In this class students will write, record, and share original music. Students will learn the ins and outs of working in a music studio including; working in a DAW, using microphones, planning a recording session, and more. Students will also explore music theory and songwriting techniques. Students will apply these newly acquired skills creating music of their own.
In this 8 week class, students will
- Learn the history of American and world music.
- Learn the history of recorded music.
- Work with different levels of music production software such as GarageBand, Ableton, and Logic Pro.
- Create a foundation of music theory focusing on topics such as intervals, scales, rhythm, melody, and harmony.
- Experience the setup and workflow of a recording studio.
- Learn to work with different types of microphones.
- Learn to navigate music distribution channels
- Learn to unlock creativity