This class is currently closed
Learn how to transfer your passion areas to future success. Topics include real world readiness skills and the art of “owning your space” with confidence. MAPSters, start shaping your futures now!
Learning Objectives: in this class, students will learn about
- College and Career Readiness: Traditional and Nontraditional Career Paths in Media Arts
- CVs, Resumes, Cover Letters and Other Career Resources
- How to Use Social Media with Awareness and Responsibility
- How to Write and Reply to Emails
- Financial Literacy
- How Credit Works
- Post-secondary Planning: The Costs of Education
- Finding Funding for Opportunities Beyond High School
- Additional Resources and What’s Next?
- Desktop computers
- MAPS LMS Future Readiness
- Montana Career Information Services
Deliverables: Students and Class Projects
- Personal Road Map: Students will research a variety of scholarship, internship, apprenticeship and career databases and create a practice personal road map on how to apply for opportunities;
- Students will prepare for employment opportunities by creating a personnel resume or one sheet; collecting letters of recommendation and building soft and hard skills with their MAPS projects.