This class is currently closed
In this one week intensive, students will:
- Students will learn the basics of how to use the stop motion animation tools such as camera operation, video capture software, and editing software.
- Intertwined with hands-on technical instruction, students will learn some of the key aspects of the history, theory and science of stop motion.
- Students will be introduced to the art of crafting a story including plot and character development, scriptwriting, storyboarding, and building props and sets.
- Audio can be just as important as the visual aspects in stop motion if not more so, therefore students will be introduced to the techniques of audio recording, adding musical scores and sound effects, and audio editing.
- Students will cultivate their artistic voice through experimentation working both on individual projects and collaborating with their classmates.
- Students will learn how to share their work, in terms of how to give and take constructive feedback but also in terms of how to disseminate their work after it is finished.
- Sony Alpha series camera bodies
- Sony zoom kit lenses
- DragonFrame Bluetooth/USB Keypad Controllers
- Prop material such as plasticine, lego, whiteboard, wire, Post-it Notes, dry eraser pens, puppets, etc..
- DragonFrame 4 Stop Motion Animation Software
- Adobe Premiere Pro