Documentary film-making class introduces students to the fundamentals of non-scripted content. From short form, to feature documentary to series we explore storytelling in many forms as well as build the foundational skill set of the technical aspects of production including camera work and editing software and style choices including creating a cinematic signature and stylistic editing techniques. The students will have a well rounded understanding of pre-production, field production and post productions phases.
By the end of the class students will be able to work on a film competently in some capacity.
In this 8 week class, students will
- Understand the phases of production
- Explore the variety of production roles
- Get a basic understanding of producing and working with cast
- Learn how to shoot a scene (pieces of scene)
- Storytelling – from script to screen
- Post Productions – putting it all together in the edit bay