This class is currently closed
Utilizing fundamentals of design, students will create their own super heroes and villain comic book cover.
Learning Objectives: in this class, students will learn about
- Utilizing the basic tools in Photoshop and Adobe Fresco, students will explore the fundamentals of design:
- Shape, contrast, line, color, texture, space, and hierarchy
- Utilizing the tools in Photoshop and Adobe Fresco: students will explore character design with simple shapes focusing on silhouettes.
- Students will explore what makes a character memorable.
- Students will explore and discuss what aspects of design makes a character likable and not.
- Students will gain a fundamental knowledge of what character design is and how to create a three point turnaround.
- Students will explore comic book art and covers and the fundamentals of creating them.
- Students will utilize the fundamentals of perspective, foreshortening and the rule of thirds.
- Students will explore color pallets and how to choose them.
- Adobe Fresco
- Adobe Capture
Deliverables: Students and Class Projects
- Comic book hero and villain creation
- Comic book cover