This class will provide an introductory set of skills for application in digital art mediums. These skills will serve as a precursor to the production of various media outlets, such as comics, video games, and movies. Through research, drawing, and writing, students will learn what makes a fictional character believable, likable, and aesthetically pleasing. The focus of these skills will be on a hero’s relationship with a villain and how it makes a story interesting.
Learning Objectives: in this class, students will learn about
- Use of the toolbar and layers in Adobe Fresco
- Basic research and gathering reference for a digital art project
- Writing a dynamic source of conflict for fictional characters
- Techniques and common practices for digital illustration
- Proper file saving and naming conventions
- Apple Pencils
- Notebooks and normal pencils/pens
- Your brain!
- Adobe Fresco
- Your imagination!
Deliverables: Students and Class Projects
- 1 Reference sheet – containing two characters (a superhero and a supervillain), as well as typed information pertaining to each of them.
- 1 Illustration depicting the conflict between those characters