This class is currently closed
MAPS needs games! Your mission should you choose to accept it: design a game for MAPS students to play!
Learning Objectives: in this class, students will learn about
- Students will explore and use critical thinking skills about strategy.
- Students will develop rules and how to apply them in their game.
- Students will decide how much of their game will be determined on strategy vs luck.
- Students will research games and utilize them in their own designs.
- Students will utilize and explore the basic tool set in Photoshop to create fundamental shapes and color pallets.
- Students will explore the fundamentals of graphic design and explore how to utilize them in their designs
- Shape, Space, Texture, Contrast, Lines, Color, Repetition
- Students explore and create the fundamentals of basic 3D design and printing.
- They will learn to create simple game pieces made for 3D printing.
- 3D printer (second half of session)
- Z brush (second half of session)
Deliverables: Students and Class Projects
- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UGHKhTRwxz4Ns7N_WsjcZRRO27kq-Xh0/view?usp=share_link Students will create a playable game.