In this 1 week summer class, students will learn industry standards of writing and creating comic books. Students will explore and review the fundamentals of design & comic cover layout by creating their own superhero themed comic book cover.
In this one week class, students will
- Explore different types of comic book art, covers, and themes.
- Compile ideas and learn how to create a comic book cover from scratch.
- Create moodboards and thumbnails for comic book cover design.
- Learn about the fundamentals of Adobe Photoshop, and Fresco .
- Learn about the fundamentals of Adobe Capture.
- Examine creating patterns, materials, and brushes.
- Develop an understanding of how to export work from one app into another.
- Establish proper file saving and naming conventions.
- Learn how to properly and effectively workshop ideas into a final product.
- Learn the art of the peer critique and give peer critiques on the progress of student work.
- Create a comic book cover.
- Learn about opportunities and potential resources for how to pursue comic book creation further.
- Learn how to distribute, exhibit, and promote artwork for a variety of audiences.
- Apple Pencil
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Fresco